March 31, 2016

2016 Spring/Summer Jewelry Trends

So the sun is shining, that means I'm ready for summer! Spring and summer are slow arriving here in Michigan but my heart is already there. I've been scouring through trends for colors and jewelry ideas, always trying to find ways to share some inspiration with my Humblebeads friends! 

I created a Summer Color Trends board on Pinterest, take a look here

So let's talk color, texture, and layering. 

Color:
Colors that I'm digging are muted shades influenced by desert succulents like sage and juniper, tropical colors like papaya and pineapple, lots of blue in navy and indigo, and of course dusty pink shades of rose quartz. Mixing in brights with earthy neutrals is once again on trend for the upcoming seasons. Metallic finishes in copper, bronze and rose gold are sprinkled throughout.

Texture: 
Beaded textures with seed beads, whether strung, sewn together or wrapped with wire add these little beauties for the perfect touch of texture. Softer textures like leather, silk tassels and details like embroidery have all caught my attention. Shaped chain is another way to add instant appeal to a jewelry design. 

Layering:
I love the look of layering strands of beads with charms on chain. Multi-strand designs are also calling my name. 

Other things that I'm loving for summer designs: ceramic beads, bronze coins, heishe beads in metal, stone or glass. 

Don't forget to visit my Pinterest board for more inspiration! 

Beads featured in the first photo can be found in my Etsy shop: Humblebeads

1 comment:

Sweetpea said...

Do I dare to admit that I never - I mean, ever - pay attention to color trends?!
Except now you are making me wish I did ... thanks for the nudge ;>))
I'm inspired.