March 22, 2015

Game of Thrones Jewelry Challenge


Mother of dragons, winter's coming! I have very few television shows that I must watch and they are totally guilty pleasures. Game of Thrones is definitely in my top 10 of shows I never miss. Not only is it a crazy addicting story, it's quite a visual treat with amazing costumes. So to help pass the time until the April 12th season premiere, I thought it would be fun to put out a Game of Thrones Jewelry Challenge. Whether you are fan of the TV show, the books or maybe this is your first time hearing about but - uh, dragons, then join me!

Guidelines:
1. Sign up and let me know you are planning to play along.

To join the challenge, sign up here:
http://eepurl.com/bhGyuz

1. Create a piece of jewelry inspired by Game of Thrones - it can be a character, a kingdom, a quote, a scene from the show/book, the costumes from the show, etc. The sky is the limit as long as it was in some way inspired by Game of the Thrones.

2. Blog about your creation. You need to have a blog to play along.

Post your challenge piece by April 8th and then head back here on the 9th to enter your link in our challenge link party! (Crowns and direwolves are optional)

Tip: When you post about your jewelry share more about the inspiration of your piece than the technical aspects - ask yourself what would a fan of the show want to know about this piece of jewelry.

Reveal date: April 9th

Inspiration Overload: 

First, you must check out these amazing costume design details here. I had no idea what kind of thought and detail went into the costumes on the show. Don't miss it!



Psst...I'm not sure about the rules of using images from the TV show or book since they are copyrighted, so to be safe I made the graphic above that you can use. If you find out if it's okay to use GOT images on your blog, please let me know.

Pssssssst...I also don't think you can use the name Game of Thrones or character names when you list your jewelry for sale, you may want to check into that.

1 comment:

AntiquityTravelers said...

You had me at hello. Live this shoe and the time period. I'm in!