December 29, 2012

A Year of Beads (Almost!)


I thought it would be fun to share the year of disk beads from the 2012 Bead of the Month Club.  Each month I would sit down with the color palette Brandi Hussey had created for the Art Bead Scene and mix up my colors.  From there I would make my disk beads.  We had 20 in the club this year and that's 200 beads a month and a whopping 2400 disk beads over the year! 

Well, it's almost a year in review - there were three months I haven't taken photos of and darn if they aren't packed away in those notorious five boxes I have left of beads to unpack.  I swear I will finish unpacking my studio before the New Year!

I had such a great time with each month's challenge but wasn't sure I was going to do a disk edition of the BOM Club again.  It was so much work.  But since several have asked about it I thought I would open it up to 10 subscriptions for 2013.  For the next year I have a list of my favorite paintings that I have hoped to interpret into beads for a while now.

You can find the BOM Club listing in my Etsy shop.


6 comments:

Alice said...

Gorgeous beads Heather! One of these days I'd love to have enough money to sign up for your BOM club!

Stepha said...

I would love to have the funds to sign up for your BOM club!. The beads you made this past year are just beautiful. You are so talented.

Grubbi said...

Adore the orange/green set at the top, love how you bring little bits of the painting into the beads. xx

Jewels By Ine said...

very nice sets :)

Brandi Hussey said...

I LOVE seeing what you do with the ABS palettes, Heather! They look fantastic. I bet your members are always super excited each month!

Thanks for the shout-out!

Michael and Cherrie Fick said...

So cool to see the inspiration behind the beads. Isn't nature and the light in it amazing to design with? I love these as well as many others I have designed with. Thanks for sharing.