April 3, 2012

Spring Inspiration

Every month on the Art Bead Scene I pick an inspiring work of art for the monthly challenge.  This month I was choose John Waterhouse's painting called Boreas.  I was drawn to the landscape that looks like my own Michigan fields dotted with daffodils and gusts of wind that bring a reminder that spring is a slow and steady visitor. 

Daffodils are on my mind this month and on my bead table - I'll have pics. soon.  So until then I matched up a few other items from my shop that compliment the painting.  I'm especially looking forward to seeing how the flowing element of the painting will be incorporated into everyone's entries this month - I'm drawn to the dark gray silk ribbon in my stash.

3 comments:

Lori Bowring Michaud said...

Oohhh, very pretty! I haven't participated in one of the ABS challenges. I might have to try this one!

aneri_masi said...

Oh but the gray silk will be too predictable, do something else :)

aneri_masi said...

Oh, I know! Gray lace and white pearls!