February 5, 2010

Love Birds

I've been working away designing new jewelry with some goodies that Rings & Things sent to their blog partners.  They sent these fun little lampwork heart beads that remind me of candy!  I've seen some of my fellow bloggers work their magic with them and decided to give them a try.

Art beads:
polymer clay bird - humblebeads
pewter nest - green girl studios
beehive pewter button - mamacita beadworks
lampwork disks - studio rent

I mixed in some crystal, silver spacers and Czech glass beads.  The clasp was created with steel wire and the pewter button.  Here is a detail:

I love being able to support Rings & Things, they are such a great company that really work to inspire their customers.  Have your received the latest supplement catalog?  These are fast becoming treasured items to me. I love the designs included in them, of course you can see all of their great inspiration pieces on their website.  Jess and I went through the catalog and made a nice long wish list.  I'll share more on that next week! 

Stop by the Art Bead Scene tomorrow, I'll be sharing some thoughts and giving away a free bead for Studio Saturday.

4 comments:

SummersStudio said...

That pop of red with the rest of the lighter colours is quite striking. Love the photo of how you worked the button into a bead/connector.

sasha + max studio said...

The button / clasp improvisation is very clever - nice work :)

arshad said...

Hi its really very nice i enjoyed a lot to visit..Mobiles Handsets

Jean Hutter said...

love the bracelet and the clasp is such a great design idea.