June 13, 2009

Mermaid's Grotto and a Sale!


I was experimenting with some fantasy mermaid color schemes before Bead & Button. These technicolor knobby urchins are the results. I like them, kind of reminds me of something you might find on the Broadway set of the Little Mermaid. They would look lovely paired with amazonite, wood and shell beads. Hmm, I may have to pull out the beads today and whip up a sample.
I have finally listed some of my jewelry in my etsy shop. I'm heading home at the end of the month to spend July in my beloved South Haven - that sleepy little tourist town on Lake Michigan. So mermaids, the sea, the beach, they are all on mind and making their way off the bead table.
I love this little coconut & starfish bracelet. I snuck in an Elaine Ray cube bead, amber, pearl and tiny amazonite bead.

And this was a fun mix of beads that have been calling out to me, very sand and surf inspired in light, sun-washed shades.
I will be gone for the whole month of July, so if you need Humblebeads please plan accordingly. My etsy shop will remain open with what I have in stock, my beads love to travel! But I won't be able to fill regular retail or wholesale orders while I'm away.
June 17th - Last day for wholesale orders
June 24th - Last day for orders from Humblebeads.com
As an added bonus, I'm offering 20% off retail orders from Humblebeads.com. Use discount code summer09. (Sorry, can't be used for orders already placed and can only be redeemed on my website.) The discount can be used until Monday at midnight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great pieces, love the last bracelet, so pretty!

SueBeads said...

Love them Heather!