January 14, 2009

Diamonds on the Souls of Her Shoes





A little Paul Simon during lunch today.

This is my favorite song of his and has inspired a necklace design that is in my sketchbook. It will have to wait until the book proposal is sent in, but I can dream about it here today!

My favorite line from the song is this:

"She makes the sign of a teaspoon,

He makes the sign of a wave"

And here they are, teaspoon and wave:


The spoon is a tiny salt spoon from Green Girl Studios and the wave button is from Mamacita Beadworks. Hmm, I wonder if that spoon could be bent into a clasp of sorts? I may to order a few and experiment.

2 comments:

Rosanne said...

Thanks for sharing that fun video...Paul Simon is one of my favorites. I love the dancers, fun, fun, fun! Ta na na na na...

Beth Hikes said...

Two of my favorite beads. I love that spoon!