January 20, 2009

Bead Soup

Making good on one of my resolutions I got together with two beady friends for a round of Bead Soup. We each brought a strand of beads to share, put them in a bowl and took turns scooping them out. Our color theme was grey/silver. I brought a strand of smoky quartz, one friend brought along the lovely peacock pearls, she also gave us a little butterfly and a sweet little blue polka dot bead, the hostess of our beady evening brought silver lined crystal seed beads and a small strand of a grey jasper. So this is my work in progress from our night of creativity. I had in mind before I went that I wanted to work with entwined loops of beads, wire and filigree.

A detail of the necklace: I combined some beadweaving with stringing to create the loops. I added in this little bird from Green Girl studios.
I wish I would have taken pictures, but I forgot my camera. Along with the beads were chocolate treats including handmade truffles from Juliet. Wow, I was impressed!

4 comments:

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

It's beautiful Heather!

Beverly Herman said...

I love with new look with loops of metal and filigree. Sound like a great night of beading with friends.

Rosanne said...

You are just gonna have to tie that camera around your neck,
maybe you need a mantra:
Take the camera for pictures!
Take the camera for pictures!
Take the camera for pictures!
The necklace is gonna be beautiful, I like that filigree circle from Vintaj.

Doreen said...

This is just beautiful, Heather. I love, love, love the colors. By the way, congratulations for your beads appearing on Beads, Baubles and Jewels today! I don't know if this was a rerun or not, but it was new to me. P.S. I can't wait for your book. Hope you are finding time to work on it...and that life is not getting in the way!