May 19, 2008

Bead Shopping!


Okay, with a little mention on Beading Daily, I thought I should update my blog real quick.
Time is so short as my pile of orders is slowing dwindling down and getting out the door. I've been on a no computer ban while I catch up. Not always easy, wish I could sprout extra hands.

My other pair (Jess) has gone off to join the work force once again. I find myself with a mixture of sadness and relief. Relief that I don't have to be the bread winner, can relax a little and hey a few minutes to myself sounds nice! Sad because darn if I didn't love having Jess do all the knitty-gritty work that takes up so much of my time. He is also endlessly entertaining and a great cook. I've been spoiled these last few months.

So what's to catch up on? The bead show was super fun and boy did I enjoy shopping for beads! You can read about some of my finds on the Art Bead Scene. It was my turn for Studio Saturday, so I'm giving away a free urchin bead.
And the rest of the stash? Here it is:
Surprise finds? Pressed glass and lucite beads, not my usual fare. I see a lot of dark wood, copper and neutrals mixed with these lighter colors.

A little pair of woodland flower earrings using lucite, pressed glass, copper and my branch disk beads in lime.

Okay, time for me to run. Come back later this week, I have so many new beads and jewelry creations to share with you.

p.s. I've had a terrible time with emails over the last few weeks, if you emailed and haven't heard back within 48 hours, I didn't get it! Try again. I've heard that there has been an outbreak of email problems. Sheesh, sometimes you wonder what the little mice who run the net are actually doing with those messages!

5 comments:

Vintage Blue Studio said...

Bead shopping is so much fun. BTW, those flower earrings are adorable!

Beverly Herman said...

I love the flower earrings!! It was fun seeing the treasures you bought at the show. I will be sharing pictures of a few treasures when I get back home too!

Rosanne said...

Love those earrings! You found some great treasures. I saw my favorite shade of green on ABS. Something about those bright happy colors just makes you have to buy them. I'm holding out for the B and B...not long now.

Unknown said...

The earrings are great. Looks like you are going to be having some fun in the near future!!

Bunny B said...

Lovely earrings! That bead stash is making me green! :)